Who the heck is Jimmy Lipham?
Well, long story short, thats me. I’m a software architect living in Austin and loving it! I serve a variety of industries ranging from the fin-tech space to the coin operated amusement industry. I love what I do, and I only do what I love.
I’m also an aspiring entrepreneur focusing on the bootstrapped software space. While I appreciate the love that shows like “Silicon Valley” get, I think the image is just a bit too far askew, and many aspects of the founder journey have been romanticized. I love building software, not slide decks, so you probably won’t see me attending TechCrunch disrupt, applying for VC funding, or trying to get into Y-Combinator. However, there are plenty of other sites about founders focusing on that!
Things I do:
- I’m a software architect by day, and a product builder by night. I primarily work on real-time and embedded operating system design for cool people like Multimorphic and Spooky Pinball
- I am married to my beautiful wife, Alana and have a lovely dog, Stark
- I build crazy electronic contraptions like pinball machines
- I contribute to a variety of open source projects on GitHub
- You can email me at hello at the domain that you’re currently viewing this blog on
- You can give me a shout on Twitter, I’m @jimmylipham, and if you want, you can follow me for random tidbits
- You can find me on IRC under the nickname Compy (or Compy_ if the kids are at play) – Generally EFNet, Freenode, and Undernet